Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you use System Recovery and reformat your hard drive .....

You will loose all you data!!
Hopefully you have been prudent to back up your files on a daily/ weekly basis in case something like this happens.

If you find that you will need to make a total system recovery, take your computer to a compentent friend or computer shop, have them remove your hard drive, and hook it up to another computer and have them remove/backup all of you files some where safe. (like an external hard drive)

Place you hard drive back into you computer.

Then follow the suggestions above inthis thread.

Make sure you keep a file handy with all your passwords, and dont loose it :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

Do you mean you have no login password? Could you restart your laptop and get into the BIOS?

You can use Windows Password Rescuer Advanced to create a password recovery disk with USB pen drive. Change your laptop device boot order to boot from USB. Then you can reset your login password, and regain access to your laptop without data lost. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for sharing, my Windows 7 works now.
HP Recommended

how can i reset my laptop password for free

HP Recommended

@kiana

Read the guide on using (tree) PC Login Now to clear your password>>>

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/p​cloginnow.htm

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I want to change the password to get into my computer. Someone else knows it.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your input
leila1939
HP Recommended

@Blondie01 wrote:

I want to change the password to get into my computer. Someone else knows it.

Go into Control Panel, User Accounts to change your password.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thanks,
HP Recommended

thanks it is realy helpful i tryed to start my copmuters google my question but your suggestion is best i tryed many option but no one worked today i use your option and get sucess ::smileyhappy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.