Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P4H57EA#ABV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have no erro message I want to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro and what will happen to my recovery manager will i be abble or will the manager change my recovery software.

Please i have read a lot of furom on upgrade to diffrent windows this is the same windows 10 HOME to PRO.

hp tech should be able to have way to do it if you say it cant be done you are now saying to ALL HP buyers please buy ouer laptops and dont upgrade from our cheaper software you change the software your recovery will set you back to your old software you will have to start over we cant help you to migrade you new software..

PS I HAVE SEEN SINCE 21/06/2016 I GOT THIS LAPTOP YOU HAVE NEVER RE TURN ANY COMPLAINT REMEMBER THIS MAY BE MY LAST COMPLAINT TO YOU I HAVE ALL POSTED COMPLAINTS SAFELY ??????

Rgards

E.Taffa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

AM sorry to say this this is my first HP and my last one not even 1month pld and it is useless to am not a pro but had nearly 20 year with computers and the lame thing that companys play with there cheap Voluom apperaating systems the have oh over grand recovery system that is useless recovery system that i wish Aomei made computers thy will run most of you to dark ages thy made a Aomei onekey recovery i would better that yours well that is all i can say to  hope you will have a sale of your computers but will not see me and my freinds 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

taffa

The HP Recovery information that is installed on laptops is designed to return the laptop to the Original Factory Condition.  This is how it works.

When you change the OS version, in this case from Home to Pro, you do that OUTSIDE of the HP recovery environment, so it is completely unreasonable for you expect the HP installation to adapt to a change that YOU have made.

For that to happen, you would have to download an entirely new factory image from HP, and they do not make that available.

You got what you paid for.  IF you wanted a version with Win10 Pro, you should have bought a version with Win19 Pro.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

AM sorry to say this this is my first HP and my last one not even 1month pld and it is useless to am not a pro but had nearly 20 year with computers and the lame thing that companys play with there cheap Voluom apperaating systems the have oh over grand recovery system that is useless recovery system that i wish Aomei made computers thy will run most of you to dark ages thy made a Aomei onekey recovery i would better that yours well that is all i can say to  hope you will have a sale of your computers but will not see me and my freinds 

HP Recommended

To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to a Pro version, follow the tutorial at the following web document. The upgrade will have to be purchased from the Microsoft store, since you did not choose the Windows Pro upgrade when you purchased your notebook.

http://www.howtogeek.com/234946/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-professional/

In order to help keep the forum and the information in this thread relevant and timely, I will be blocking new replies.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.