Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 6550
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought my laptop used  without any software, including operating system software. It is a  probook 6550b and the label on the bottom says it was installed with Windows 7 PRO OA with product key and all that. How can I get the Windows restore disc, or how do I put the software on the laptop? I bought the driver disc online for this model, but need the operating system disc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you live in the USA/Canada, call this number and order a set of recovery disks for your notebook...

1-800-334-5144

Have the serial number handy to give to the customer services rep.

A set will cost around $10 delivered by 1st class mail.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ksalie7185 wrote:

I bought my laptop used  without any software, including operating system software. It is a  probook 6550b and the label on the bottom says it was installed with Windows 7 PRO OA with product key and all that. How can I get the Windows restore disc, or how do I put the software on the laptop? I bought the driver disc online for this model, but need the operating system disc.

You buy it from HP or 3rd party that has those disk to restore it.

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
End of life desktop computer and laptop recovery sets
ReStore Disk

Also you got scammed you shouldn't even have to buy the driver disc that is FREE on the HP driver site for you model if it has them.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

I bought it from propertyroom.com. It's an auction site of confiscated stuff, and they wiped the OS on it before they sent it. When I bought the drivers disc from a guy on amazon I thought it would have included the OS, but it didn't. How do I get the OS disc for my laptop?

HP Recommended

I bought it from propertyroom.com. It's an auction site of confiscated stuff, and they wiped the OS on it before they sent it. When I bought the drivers disc from a guy on amazon I thought it would have included the OS, but it didn't. How do I get the OS disc for my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you live in the USA/Canada, call this number and order a set of recovery disks for your notebook...

1-800-334-5144

Have the serial number handy to give to the customer services rep.

A set will cost around $10 delivered by 1st class mail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.