Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, for quite some time while using the PC comes out an orange screen with this message "Stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" after the PC is switched off.
It is often going on and I'm getting worried ...
I hope there is a solution.

Or do you recommend to bring it to service?
Thanks and bye

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Usually it is a problem with drivers. Did you install any new devices on the computer? Did it first start happening after installation of certain program?

I would try updating all the drivers, especially video card drivers which many times are at fault. Uninstall any unecessary programs and remove external hardware and see if continuesto happen.

You can also look in system notifications (event viewer) to see if there is more information about the error.

You could also post the minidump files so that we can see which driver is causing the issues.

Let me know,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.