Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavalion: E0J89ua
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I was tring to reinstall to factory settings & after I completed the installation, I got a screen that says Install Incomplete theses 3 buttons thay say "SAVE LOG"  "DISPLAY"  "TRY AGAIN" I tried again & a popup says  " Insert recovery media"  I tried all the disks but I keep getting the same answer. The recovery folder on my HDD is also empty. I hace no clue what to do & the recovery disks from HP are $45 bucks. Thanks for your replies in advance...............

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @rainfire

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

I understand that you have purchased HP original recovery media, you used them but the installation of Windows 8 failed at some point. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Do you use the media DVDs one by one in the specific order (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...) ?

What is the specific error you get at the end, do you see an error message or specific code ?

You may also check this HP article about such issues you experience >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03483233

Looking forward to your reply/update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @rainfire

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

I understand that you have purchased HP original recovery media, you used them but the installation of Windows 8 failed at some point. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Do you use the media DVDs one by one in the specific order (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...) ?

What is the specific error you get at the end, do you see an error message or specific code ?

You may also check this HP article about such issues you experience >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03483233

Looking forward to your reply/update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.