09-28-2009 02:46 PM
I am attempting to install addtl memory in my computer. I bought it with an installed
DVD player. When I opened the unit I could not get to the appropriate board because
it was behind/under the DVD player. I want to remove the existing board and install
2 X 1Ghz boards. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
09-28-2009 04:13 PM
09-29-2009 05:29 PM
Thanks much for the info re installing addtl RAM in my Slimline. I have reviewed
both the on-line instructions and the video and am impressed with how simple it
is to remove one board and install two others. However, my request
for help was precipitated by the presence of a DVD player which is blocking me
from reaching what I think is a 512 MB memory board that I want to remove. I
don't know how to remove the DVD, and anything else that may be blocking my
way to the memory board.
Can you help?
09-29-2009 06:17 PM
How to remove CD/DVD drive?
Check this link.
10-01-2009 03:43 PM
Thanks mucho for those instructions on installing/removing the DVD.
It was just what I needed to get to the memort boads.I removed the
fan housing, the DVD, and the old 512 MB memory board, then
installed two 1GB boards. The computer is wizzing right along with
four times the memory. Much apapreciated.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)