Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is a problem with my PCI device drivers. The message on the properties page is 

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

i have tried Updating the drivers but it doesn't work. I am using Win7,

HP 630 Notebook PC

Product Number:   A6E76EA

I have also dowloaded and installed the Intel Chipset Installation Utility & Driver but still the problem prevails. 

Kindly advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the ID of PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229, you need to go to your notebook's support and driver page, download and install the Realtek Card Reader driver found under the Storage driver category.

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the PCI device and I will post the link to the driver you need for it.

If you don't know where to find the hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

HP Recommended

The hardware ID is 

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3672103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3672103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&CC_FF00

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need for the card reader.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

HP Recommended

hi do you know where to instal the drivers for this PCI device? Windows 7 pro 64  HP pavillion g7 laptop

PCI Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_165C103C&REV_01\4&E43BB6A&0&0050 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

The one I posted above your post should work for you.

If not, I will need the full model number of your G7, or you can go to your PC's support and driver page and download the Realtek card reader driver.

That is listed under the Storage section.

HP Recommended

I am getting a pop-up message regarding installing new software. I do not have the original disk that came with the computer. The program cannot find the DCI device Driver that is necessary to install the hardware.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the full model number of your PC and the operating system you are running.

Please post the hardware ID for the PCI device that needs a driver.

Use the guide I posted above for how to find the hardware ID.

I can't help you otherwise.

There are hundreds of PCI devices out there.

HP Recommended

hi, 

dear sir, 

i am getting problem in SM bus controller divice, and i have ids

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_166D103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_166D103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&CC_0C05

plz sir give solution of this...

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the SMBus Controller (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22), go to your PC's support and driver page and install the Intel Chipset Installation Utility.

Otherwise this one should work.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&keyword=chipset+ins...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.