Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-6b57nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Case :3024768463
Wiped drive
Retried recovery
Got error found no is flag set on unit,please use EEPROM to set sku value =2
CTO Error condition has been detected in factory update phase

I have tried recover like 10 times with Hp ordered recov disk.
Tried restore disk.com disk same issue
Spoke with ho support
They sent me new disk
Re ran recovery with new disk after wiping drive
No luck same error
Tested drive short and long passed
750gb 5400 rpm drive no errors detected

Bios diagnostic shows error 501
Read about disabling quick book or links in bios
Insydeh20 bios with no advances options
Bios Vers f.1c

Read about wireless light not turning blue
Tried repeatedly to get wireless to change to blue it's Amber
Rest of recov details talks about set uia error to 951
Start fix ups .cmd
Create progress info completed

SSRD tweaks to change user defaults locale
Copy c:\System.sav\util\Tdc\Mcpp\FBIRES\FBIUSRES.dll
Run Dism.exe/image:c\set-skuintldefaults:en-us -image:c:
-----------------
Launch PININST.exe for offline
Starts [sleep 10 sec]
Starts [create RstoneFupdate.ini]
Start [ create 1gb page file for offline]

Volume drive c has no label
Volume serial F0F2-0DAD

Directory of C: \system.sav

Starts Sysid check
Country 244
Def sys loc = eng us

Reset country administrator
Reset country default user
Reset system locales

Start PIN Tweaks
PIN Tweaks to hide all for BurnBoot BBV and BBV2 on restored image
Tweaks for OOBE'S unattended.xml
To pick up proper page file

Rename unattended.org to unattend.or
Without light sensor

This is restored image by SSRD SSRD.flg

Start Mir Tweaks
MIR Tweaks
Start factory update
Start Qfe offline installation
PININST_Off: Passed

Type C:\ system.sav\logs\ BBFinder.log
Type C:\system.sav\logs\BBFInde0.log
----c:\System.sav\logs\PININST_Off.log
Result passed
Check fulist.log if there is duplicate describe
No duplicate
No duplicated describe found ... Passed
There was no factory update

Again had passed no errors.
Read multiple forums about Insydeh20 being set to legacy mode
No advanced options in bios not sure how to get different bios options
Tried running the he utility sp45645 before recov no luck
Can anyone help I'm lost
Pretty good tech
Tried removing camps battery and ram
Over night no luck
Tried holding power down no luck
Hp dv7-6b57nr
Multiple recoveries with 2 sets of recov disk Hp
1 set disk restore disk.com
Bios motherboard serial 4cb14521cb
Read about possible motherboard serial not matching also

Please help at wits end
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi Ben71,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7-6b57nr Notebook and issues with performing a recover. Remove any disks and USB connections to perform this. Pressing the F10 key and change the system date to 01/01/2012. 
Save the change by pressing the F10 key. Press the power button and then immediately tap the F11 key to invoke the HP Recovery Manager. Select Factory Image Recovery. Then try the recovery disks.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
Hi Ben71,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7-6b57nr Notebook and issues with performing a recover. Remove any disks and USB connections to perform this. Pressing the F10 key and change the system date to 01/01/2012. 
Save the change by pressing the F10 key. Press the power button and then immediately tap the F11 key to invoke the HP Recovery Manager. Select Factory Image Recovery. Then try the recovery disks.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Have tried this
Did not resolve issue.
Tried usb Oem Windows 7 with phone option before.
However at time unable to get pci,wlan ,lan drivers to install.
HP Recommended

Hey Ben71,

Thanks for getting back to me. Try to click the Windows icon, type services in the Search box, and then click or tap View Local Services. Scroll down to the Windows Installer. Startup type should be - Automatic, and Service Status should be - started

Restart the computer after this step and try installing again.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Re-attempted recovery before I got your message
Keep getting missing
C:\boot\bcb
Running startup repair and it restarts after a long while and says
Unable to save boot up
Starts process all over
HP Recommended

Hey @Ben71,

Try this document from Microsoft that might help.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi still no luck on recovery now
Tried multiple times with usb drive win 7 home premium iso
Get please load drivers for hard disk
Yet hd test was fine.
I believe the bios needs to be flashed to the latest update but I can't remember how to turn the update into a flash for bios.
So far no luck any advice?
HP Recommended

Hey @Ben71,

I have seen that returning the date to 2012 first and then performing a BIOS defaults with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook. BIOS Factory restore to defaults works on this. 

Let me know. Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Link doesn't work
HP Recommended

Worked in all browsers for me. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110#N604

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.