01-24-2014 09:52 AM
Second time I've posted this, but I cannot find the original post.
I downloaded Java to enable using a crossword function on a web page. Every time I attempt to open the crossword site I receive a message that security settings blocked a program (which I assume is Java). What security settings are these and how do I change them to allow Java to run?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Java on a Pavilion g7
01-24-2014 10:57 PM
Thanks again for all your help.
01-24-2014 01:36 PM - edited 01-24-2014 01:39 PM
Belay my last comment. Go directly to Java's website, click downloads and then re-download java. When the process is complete a text box from Java should pop up saying installation is complete and that you need to close and reopen your web browser. When you click "close" or "finish" or whatever the last command is, your browser should either close or open a new window of java's page-on its own- that should say verify Java on your computer or something like that. Run the test (it's short) and that will activate the latest form of java that you just downloaded.
I've made the mistake of bypassing their verification test and whatever application I updated java for still wouldn't run. I did what i just described and it worked fine afterwards, so I'm guessing this is the case with your situation. I hope this helps.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)