Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I own a Envy x360 which I update to windows 10, but the keyboard at least does not work in all the fn functions, so I cannot use the backlit keyboard, turn on or off the speackers and so on, I update windows, download the Support Assitant , but it does not indicates me to update the keyboard driver, please I need help!.

Thanks in advacnce.

diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Diego,

You may try pressing the funcion keys alone without pressing the Fn key.

Also update the HP System Event Utility driver from support.hp.com for your notebook.

Regards

Jyo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI Diego,

To use the function keys such as  turning on backlit, speakers on and off, you may have to press Fn key along with the Function keys ( for e.g.  Fn+F6 to turn off the speakers )

Alternatively you may disable/enable the Action key mode in BIOS to change the functionality of the function keys.

To do so , Press F10 soon after powering on the unit. Under system configuration Enable the action key mode.

Save and exit changes by pressing f10.

Regards

Jyo
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Jyo,

Thanks for you answer, but that´s the problem, the fn key plus any function key doesn´t work. I also checked the Bios and the Action key option is enabled. Other suggestion to try?

Diego

HP Recommended

HI Diego,

You may try pressing the funcion keys alone without pressing the Fn key.

Also update the HP System Event Utility driver from support.hp.com for your notebook.

Regards

Jyo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.