Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-g048ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hey guys

I tried starting up my computer this morning but when I started the screen was black. I then took out the battery unplugged and reset again and then it got stuck on the HP start up screen. Now it is stuck on 'Diagnosing your PC' it's been like this now for an hour and didn't want to shut it off incase it messed up my computer.

Please help!! Is this normal ? Should it take this long ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Kieranc64 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

It sounds like you may be stuck in an automatic repair loop or something similar. I am happy to help with this.

First you can try the things found on this page starting with the hard reset, and see if it helps.

Computer does not start (Windows 😎

If you are still stuck with that Diagnostic message or looping restarts, then try out:

My Windows 8.1 is stuck in an automatic repair loop, how can I fix this? - answers.microsoft.com

Let me know if anything changes, or any other errors you may see. I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My laptop runs on Windows 10. After my Laptop screen went black, I started to perform a reset based from HP Forums. After doing so, I get stucked at Diagnosing your PC. I already checked the Memory and Hard Disk, all were passed results.

Seeking your assistance from this.

HP Recommended
Same happened with me,
HP Recommended
Shut the computer off and hold down the f11 button and turn it on and u will see please wait and u hold that till the screen turns blue for a min and it will take to choose an option when u get there click on troubleshoot
HP Recommended
According to ur advice I tried to hold the f11 key but for only some seconds the blue screen is showing and then again display',Diagonosing your pc'
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.