11-25-2011 06:06 AM
Hi All. Happy Holidays!
I am not too computer savvy but I try!! All of a sudden my notebook screen is blank. My computer is charged fully. I can turn it on and I hear it turn on and WINDOWS boot up but my screen is blank and black. There is no life on it at all.
11-25-2011 12:38 PM
Try a Hard Reset as follows.
Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery. Hold down the Power button for a full minute. Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.
If the above doesn't help the issue, try connecting the notebook to an external display and see if you now get a video output.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
08-28-2013 07:34 PM
Dear DP-K technician
My granddaughter just entered her freshman year at Gallaudet Univ. for the Deaf in D.C. Her HP laptop screen went dark however if she applies pressure pushing it far back she can see a bit of the image. Is this the inverter? She is distresssed as this is her 3rd day of classes and she hasn't the ability to do the homework on the PC.
Many thanks to you,
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)