Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an hp pavillion g6 laptop (Product QE05UA#ABA, Model: g6-1c35dx)

. For a while its been causing problems, it's been slow, showing viruses, and now it wont start up.

I left it on sleep mode last night, once i opened it up today it was turned off. I figured it lost battery which usually doesnt happen, but I turned it on and it shows a blinking screen that comes on and then turns black, over and over. the blinking screen shows "press esc key for startup menu".

Also, the caps lock key blinks once when that screen comes on.

When I  push "esc" it shows this:

F1 system info

F2 system diagnostics

F9 boot device options

F10 bios setup

F11 system recovery

Enter- continue startup

I've tried them all, including some tests in "bios setup"

Dont know much about computers, and this is one that i need so help is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Hp222 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion g6-1c35dx Notebook and issues with starting.

Try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook. The document also gives you information on what to do if Windows does not start normally.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately this didn't work for some reason. I pushed f11 repeatedly, but all that happens is that instead of showing a flashing screen with "push esc for startup menu" it shows "f11...system restore" as it flashes. Once I stop pushing f11 it goes back to the original message, no menu pops up or anything. The caps lock key also flashes just as before.

I've searched online and it seems a lot of people have the same problems with hp laptops..
HP Recommended

Hi @Hp222 ,

Here is a document on computer won't start. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings.

Have you tried to reseat the memory?

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have not. How would I do that?
HP Recommended

Hi @Hp222  ,

Here is a link to show you how to do that.

Here is another link to show you how to perform a hardware test.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Here's the thing with these documents though, I'm sure they are very helpful to some, but I need a step by step instruction for this matter.
Is there any simple solution such as removing the battery (which I've tried) or doing something with the hard drive. I've tried a few tests, but I don't think a test will help turn on my computer, which is the main concern and something I really need to do.
HP Recommended

Hey @Hp222

If you clicked on the document for Notebook it gives these steps to reseat memory modules in a notebook computer with Video.

You can take the the Notebook to a repair facility and they will assist you with testing the Notebook.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.