07-06-2011 09:38 AM
Everytime I start my computer i get a message that my profile was not loaded correctly and I have been given a temporary profile and when i log off all changes made will be lost. how can i fix this without having to reset my notebook to factory settings. Please help
07-06-2011 12:27 PM
Tap away at f8 as you start the PC to enter Windows Recovery Console. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter. If windows will load in this mode, from the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and launch System Restore. Pick a restore point before the issue with your profile and then proceed with the restore process. When complete, Windows will reboot as normal.
If the above doesn't help, boot into Safe Mode again and select 'Start using last known good configuration' - hit enter and see if this will load your profile.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
05-20-2014 09:15 AM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)