Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My daughters laptop ran out of battery have put it on charge and turned it on the on light has come on but that is it it's not doin anything it's been on charge for a couple of hours!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Gill8,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

@SDJL is currently out of the office, so I will be taking over for her.  I understand that you were able to resolve the issue with the battery.  It seems like you performed a Hard Reset, to discharge the battery.  Sometimes this can help resolve issues with the battery not functioning as it should.  If you have any further issues, please feel free to post again.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Gill8,

Welcome to HP Forums!

What is the product number of your daughter's laptop.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I've fixed it thanks I took battery out summit to do wi static electricity?
HP Recommended

Hello @Gill8,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

@SDJL is currently out of the office, so I will be taking over for her.  I understand that you were able to resolve the issue with the battery.  It seems like you performed a Hard Reset, to discharge the battery.  Sometimes this can help resolve issues with the battery not functioning as it should.  If you have any further issues, please feel free to post again.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi, my laptop is charging but dont power on

HP Recommended

Hello @valstech,

I read your post about the issue with the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  You can use the links below to help you with that information:
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.