Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Left may laptop down for about a week or 2 without usage, just powered it on sloted in the adaptor (18.5V 6.5A 120W ) and i realized the power led is not up besides i can feel that there is power in the laptop by passing my fingers on top of the lid.

It powers on when the battery is inserted but wont charge, no charging sign both on the Os and charge LED.

Have tried removing the battery and powering it with the adaptor but to no avail. The charger works fine and have tried different adaptors as well. Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Sel_00330,

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Sel_00330,

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply.

Upon carfully checking the power adaptor  with a voltmeter, i realized that the output from the  adaptor keeps fluctuating.

I used a 19.5v 3.5 A 120W adatopr directly without the battery and it worked although have done it before and it did not work. I believe it is as a result of disassembling and cleaning it that how come it worked besides am not using the battery for now until i purchase the exact adaptor for it.

Thansk once again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.