Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i change my start up lock screen sign password without changing my outlook password.

User account does not change my lock screen sign in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @textim6771, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you need to know how to change the lock screen password without changing the outlook password.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

May I know the reason why do you want to change the password?

As you mentioned that your outlook password and lock screen password are the same.

Since you are using a connected account you cannot change the password for outlook and the lock screen.

However, you can create a local account on your PC without changing your outlook password.

If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. 

If you have a Microsoft account, then your password is what you use to sign into online Microsoft services and Windows on PCs and devices that you use the same Microsoft account on.

Please try the steps mentioned below to create a local account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.

4. Click/tap on a local account

5. Click add a new user in PC settings

6. Create a new user account with administrator rights.

7. Set a password.

8. Click save to make changes to your PC.

9. Restart your PC with the local account instead of connected account.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @textim6771, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you need to know how to change the lock screen password without changing the outlook password.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

May I know the reason why do you want to change the password?

As you mentioned that your outlook password and lock screen password are the same.

Since you are using a connected account you cannot change the password for outlook and the lock screen.

However, you can create a local account on your PC without changing your outlook password.

If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. 

If you have a Microsoft account, then your password is what you use to sign into online Microsoft services and Windows on PCs and devices that you use the same Microsoft account on.

Please try the steps mentioned below to create a local account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.

4. Click/tap on a local account

5. Click add a new user in PC settings

6. Create a new user account with administrator rights.

7. Set a password.

8. Click save to make changes to your PC.

9. Restart your PC with the local account instead of connected account.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Worked great!! Thanks! I recently had to give someone my password to work on my computer remotely n wanted to change password for that reason.

HP Recommended

Hi @textim6771! You're welcome and thanks for the response,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.