09-22-2009 08:48 AM
My computer was taking about 20 - 30 minutes to get to the login screen. After hours of time with HP tech support, they recommended that I restore it to factory state. (and loose all of my software installs, etc)
Not wanting to do this, I looked for another solution. Since my computer is setup to work on a university domain, it turns out that while booting at home, with the wireless on, it was searching for the domain that it could not find. The solution was to make sure that wireless is off when booting if not plugged into the network.
Computer: TX2Z-1000 tablet pc running 64 bit vista ultimate
hope this helps someone else out in the future.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)