Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Core i7
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 17-f114dx

intel core i7-4510U 2601Mhz,

2 Core(s) bios version/date insyde f34, 12/19/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8

Hi,

I downgraded this laptop from Win 8 to Win 7 Professional. Everything's fine, but I can't get on the internet. It says I have no drivers, adapters, controllers, etc.,
I'd really to like get this up and running again, and any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks

KCKcay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey Terminator!

Thanks for the links. Soon as I finish putting dinner on the table, I'm gonna sit down and start installing. Will let you know the outcome as soon as I'm through.

thanks again!

KCKcay

HP Recommended

You're very welcome :generic:

Regards

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 17-f114dx

intel core i7-4510U 2601Mhz,

2 Core(s) bios version/date insyde f34, 12/19/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.8

Hi,

Had to send my laptop for repairs, and they gave me a new hdd, but they loaded it with Windows 8.1 - grrrr.  Anyway, I had to go to diskpart and 'clean all' because it wouldn't go! Now,I'm getting this:

Status Oxcoooo185 / oxooooe9 and a note saying an unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Should I simply reload the OS?

HP Recommended

Okay,

So I decided to simply go ahead and reload Windows 7, and it worked. Still not sure about my hdd (I sent out a laptop with 1T storage, but even after "Clean All" it's only 698. I know there's no hdd that's fully what it was it is, but this seems to be a lot of storage missing. Recognizing that most of us get our hdd's already filled w/ the OS, programs and "Crapware," I never really considered whether this is, or can become an issue.

What are the facts on hdd and storage size, and what level of storage loss is acceptable?

kckcay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.