11-28-2010 09:42 PM
I want to reformat my laptop since its been slow recently, so for the past 2 hours i've been searching for my recovery cd but failed. I do have the case for it so I have the product key (Vista).
I don't want to buy a cd since I see no point because I think paying that much money is to only get the product key which I still have. Please do help me. Thank you.
11-28-2010 10:48 PM
So I tried doing that recovery partition, but then this message keeps popping up.
"Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard drive or insert the final dvd from a backup set and click retry. Alternatetively, close this dialog for more options."
I do have the dvd inside my laptop already. I'm seriously stuck.
11-29-2010 11:14 AM - edited 11-29-2010 11:17 AM
When first powering on, do you see a message about F11 for System Recovery? This would appear on the first screen with the HP logo.
Or look for HP Recovery Manager in the Start Menu programs. Read>>> HERE
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
03-02-2012 03:23 AM
I have the same laptop model. It has a recovery partition. I did several recoveries before. I noticed that the recovery partition gets bigger (free space is getting fewer). Why is it? How can I reduce the saved files in it.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)