09-24-2011 03:49 AM
I have a second user HP dv6 notebook. I'm a complete luddite with computers and I inadvertantly pressed the wrong button when something 'popped up' about trialling an updated version of Microsoft Office whilst online - since then i have had no access at all to my original Office and none to the 60day trial!!. I click on the icon (which now has 60 day trial beneath it and nothing happens - all the updates for my Office programme are in the control panel but I don't know what to do to retrieve the original and get rid of this **bleep** 60 day trial that I didn't want.. Any help would be appreciated. thank you
09-25-2011 02:46 AM
Thank you Mumbodog. There are so many windows files i don't want to delete/uninstall the wrong one! I found the 60 day trial but not where you suggested to look - not sure where now, should have written it down!
09-26-2011 02:51 AM
just click on the control panel.
then click unintall a program
wait for windows to show you all the programs that can be uninstalled/deleted...
scroll down in the window and find microsoft office trial and click uninstall.
that should be it..
09-26-2011 06:56 PM
This is what I really hate. They put in many things to a new machine and sometimes very hard to remove them. Please use this method:
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
09-27-2011 12:33 PM
I'll have to print those instructions off in order to follow them to the letter, however it does seem that you may have given me the solution that i need, so thank you. If it works I'll get back to you if that's alright. i'll hit the kudos button anyway.
thanks again , Fae
09-28-2011 12:25 AM
fae its exactly what i said aswell lol
Uninstall your Office 2010 trial version in Windows 7
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Select the trial version you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall, then Continue. You may need to restart your computer.
09-28-2011 03:09 AM
Hi, i've looked in the control panel and there are so many 'microsoft applications' and there isn't one saying 60 day trial so I'm loath to do any uninstalling in case i wipe something i shouldn't because of my ignorance. I did tell you i am a luddite and computers scare me!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)