12-20-2009 05:11 PM
I've just bought a Mini 110-1115sa with Windows 7 Starter and set about configuring it how I like it.
The included paper user guide told me to download an app from HP to create a backup onto a 2GB flash drive. I downloaded the app, purchased the flash drive and tried it out. App said it was corrupt so downloaded it again but stil corrupt. I then realised the app was for Windows XP so hunted for Win 7 app and tried that with 8GB drive, capacity insufficient.
I've now got to the point of being really 'unhappy' with HP. Wrong user guide, irrelevant info, unbelieveably poor customer support with recovery files/images. On another note, why can you only create the recovery usb once?
My question is, does anyone know how I can boot from an external usb HDD to use a good imaging tool such as Ghost or Acronis please? I can do it on a workstation or laptop that allows changes to boot order but not on this netbook as boot order is fixed and USB comes after HDD.
Word of warning to anyone thinking of buying one of these with a six cell battery. Make sure you're happy with the extra size of the battery sticking out below the base of the laptop. This makes the rear of the netbook about 55mm high and makes the keyboard angled at approx 13 degrees.
Any help will be gratefully appreciated.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)