Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently got the missing base system device error on my laptop which is running windows 7:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_30CC103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CC103C

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_12

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30CC103C

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Can you please help me solve this issue?  Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the card reader driver for that.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55520-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Are you missing the video driver?  That is the first hardware ID you posted.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-59557-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

I have the latest video drivers installed. I even downgraded to the link you sent me, but it's still not working. I even done this in safe mode.

When I try to run the nvidia application, i get this error message:

"nvidia display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia gpu."

Any idea on what's going on?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Try to install the Vista video driver manually.

Click on the problem graphics adapter in the device manager.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update driver.  Select the Browse My Computer for Software method and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the Vista file.

That will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp38834.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Still no luck. My laptop crashed and I had to run startup repair in order to get it working again. And i'm still getting the same error message when I try run the nvidia display application.

HP Recommended

That is very odd.

In what order did you install the drivers?

They should be installed in a recommended order and rebooting after each install:

1. Chipset

2. Graphics

3. Audio.

For the graphics, I think you should use my method of installing the Vista graphics driver if it doesn't install automatically.

HP Recommended
I did try your method. After the installation, I restarted my laptop and it crashed. It wouldn't even make it to the login screen. I forced my laptop to restart and it crashed again. So I forced it to restart again and had to run startup repair in order to get to my desktop.

I've had my laptop for years. I've always kept my display drivers and everything else up to date. this is the first time my nvidia display drivers have caused a problem.
HP Recommended

Sorry that nothing seems to be working.

I wonder if the video chip is having issues, as the dv6000/dv9000 models are prone to GPU/motherboard failures, and it may be coincidental that the video adapter decided to go out on you when you installed W7.

One of the signs of the GPU going out is that you can't install a driver. It will only work with the default VGA driver.

HP Recommended
I've been using windows 7 since it was first released. I've never had this issue before.

Like you said, it could be the GPU going out.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.