Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

I got a HP Probook 450 Go, with win 7 64b installed.

Almost everything is installed, except for the WIFI.

I've tried every driver on the hp page, and had some downloads installed from this forum, but still no go.

Can anyone help me out? 

It is a laptop which is abroad, and i can only reach it by remote connection at night times, during day times, it is being used on a static cable.

PCI Simple Communications Controller hardware ID:

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1949103C&REV_04

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1949103C

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

Please help me out here.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is not the hardware ID for the wifi.

You need this driver for the pci simple comms controller.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5359407&sp...

In order for me to post the correct wireless driver you need, please do the following...

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.