Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HW IDs:

1. Base System Device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_30
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&SUBSYS_17AB103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2392&CC_0880

2. PCI Simple Communications Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_17AB103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

3. USB Controller

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_17AB103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_17AB103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03

4. Unknown device

ACPI\HPQ6000
*HPQ6000

Please help!!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The driver you require are:

1.  JMicron Media Card Reader

2.  Intel Management Engine Interface

3.  Intel Chipset Driver

4   HP 3D Drive Guard

You should be able to locate these on your notebooks Product Page which you can search for Here.

If you have any problem locating these drivers, post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation and whether you have a 32bit or 64bit installation of Windows 7.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The driver you require are:

1.  JMicron Media Card Reader

2.  Intel Management Engine Interface

3.  Intel Chipset Driver

4   HP 3D Drive Guard

You should be able to locate these on your notebooks Product Page which you can search for Here.

If you have any problem locating these drivers, post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation and whether you have a 32bit or 64bit installation of Windows 7.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Same issue, some worked but the suggestion for 3. USB controller did not resole this. I downloaded both drivers for this model, double checked i had right version for Win7. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I was looking into the same issue with the missing driver "USB Controller".

I managed to resolve this one by installing this driver package:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56731.exe (source: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=ch&lc=de&dlc=de&softwareitem=cp-103340-1)

The latest version of this package is available here (Intel):

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129

I hope it works with your systems as well.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Absolutey fantastic. I had to download the zip from the link to the Intel site but the main thing is it worked!. Thank you heaps, you're a champion.

HP Recommended

I've got an EliteBook 8570w running Win7x64 Ultimate and I had the Unknown Device ACPI\HPQ6000 *HPQ6000 as well.  The specific driver that fixed the issue was HP 3D DriveGuard 5.  Thanks for the help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.