Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As said, my laptop's model number is dv6-6c13nr. My laptop's Windows 7 was FUBAR from a computer virus that my sister managed to get on it somehow. I said to hell with it and just DBANed the entire hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7. Everything was able install just fine except for the wireless adapter/driver.

I tried both the Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver and the Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter linked in my PC model's driver page. On both of them, whenever I click on the downloaded file, nothing happens after the file unpacks, no installers run. I've tried running it regularly and running it as an administrator, I've also tried running the installers directly from where they were unpacked into the C drive, regularly and as an administrator.

All of the other drivers and software on my PC model's driver page installed just fine aside from the wireless, it's the only thing, and the most important thing, that I can't seem to get to work. The version of Windows 7 that shipped with the PC was Windows 7 Home Premium, the version that I have and that I installed is Windows 7 Ultimate. Are the drivers not Ultimate compatible?

I've also considered installing earlier versions of the drivers, but I can't find legacy versions anywhere that doesn't look sketchy. I would really appreciate some help with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see my reply to your other 2 posts at the link below...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/My-HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c13nr-Wireless-Dr...

HP Recommended

This post was correct.  When in doubt, remove the back casing, check the actual model of your wireless card, and get the HP driver for that card.  Once installed (and had to reboot after the install), I was able to find wireless networks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.