04-07-2011 08:16 PM
The problem is that when I put in a DVD or CD, I can hear the driver running, but the drive doesn't show up on my computer (HP Pavilion dv9910us Entertainment Notebook PC). When I open the "Device Manager" it doesn't show any DVD drive anywhere. I tried physically removing the drive and then reconnect it, but it didn't work. Can anyone help me?
04-07-2011 08:42 PM
This seems to be a hard ware problem with the DVD drive. Replace the drive or try to get it repaired by any local repairer if the system is out of warranty. if the notebook is in warranty, please contact customer care for drive replacement.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
04-07-2011 09:54 PM
This seems to be a pretty common problem_unfortunately, and isn't always solved by replacing the drive. Try a hard reset, which 'sometimes' helps.
1-remove power cord and battery
2-press power button for 20 seconds
3-reinstall power cord only for first startup
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)