Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

>  SINCE I BOUGHT (3 MONTHS) IT IS WORKING VERY LOW SPEED.

> I DON'T HAVE MUCH PROGRAMMES INSTALLED IN IT.

> EVEN THOUGH IT HAS 8 GB RAM AND 2 TB HDD AND i7 PROCESSOR.

> KINDLY HELP ME WHAT TO DO. 

Yes, your computer's specifications are:

HP Pavilion 15-au001ne Laptop - Intel Core i7-6500 (2.5 Ghz, dual-core, 4 threads), 15.6 Inch, 2TB, 8GB, 4GB VGA, Win 10

That is a very "beefy" computer -- how do you know that it is working at "very low speed" ?

Is it slower when running on battery than when connected to the AC power-supply?

This could be "by design" -- to prolong the lifetime of the battery, before it needs to be recharged.

Start the Windows "Task Manager", and click the "Performance" tab, to see how busy the 4 CPUs are, and what percentage of the RAM is being used, and the percentage of time that the disk-drive is "busy".

If there is a "bottleneck", it should show up.  Tell us what you see.

Use the Windows "Snipping Tool" to take a  snapshot of what you see, and paste it here.

Also, for more details, start the Windows "Performance Monitor", to see which tasks are using the CPU, and which tasks are read/writing the disk-drive.

Measure, measure, measure, before making any changes (disabling background tasks that maintain the ongoing security of your computer).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.