Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8540p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sup Y'all

A few months ago, I Installed a bios update for my HP Elitebook 8540p.  After the update, the PC started to lag, so I attempted to reboot the PC.  Instead of reboting, all the lights come on (exept for the HDD light), and the CAPS lock blinks indefinitely.  I have serached relentlessly for an answer to restoring the bios.   Tried removing CMOS battery,  draining power from the PC, and also tried to boot Bios update files from the products page Here.

But the situation is still the same

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :LaughingTears:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Guess what!? After all these months I have finally come across an easy fix!

1.  Throw away Hp Elitebook 8540p

2.  Call it a day 🙂

Worked wonders for me.  Try it out, and let me know if this worked for anyone else!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello:

@Dude8540P wrote:

Sup Y'all

A few months ago, I Installed a bios update for my HP Elitebook 8540p.  After the update, the PC started to lag, so I attempted to reboot the PC.  Instead of reboting, all the lights come on (exept for the HDD light), and the CAPS lock blinks indefinitely.  I have serached relentlessly for an answer to restoring the bios.   Tried removing CMOS battery,  draining power from the PC, and also tried to boot Bios update files from the products page Here.

But the situation is still the same

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :LaughingTears:

Just in case any viewers are curious, i have yet to come to a solution.  Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

HP Recommended
Got it yet???
HP Recommended

I still have no solution.    If i dont get advice soon, I will probably try buying a replacement motherboard.  Im certain that the corrupt bios is the only problem, so putting in a new motherboard  should fix it.   Hoping it doesnt come to that though.

HP Recommended

It's been months, and I still have no answer.   Tried a majority of forum advice, but to no avail.  Used the original HP files, over 7 different USB sticks ranging from 128mb to 8gb, and 3 differnt formats...  Removed CMOS, disassembled/reassembled the entire PC, but nothing has changed... Does no one out therehave an answer to this???

HP Recommended

It's been months, and I still have no answer.   Tried a majority of forum advice, but to no avail.  Used the original HP files, over 7 different USB sticks ranging from 128mb to 8gb, and 3 differnt formats...  Removed CMOS, disassembled/reassembled the entire PC, but nothing has changed... Does no one out there have an answer to this???

HP Recommended

Guess what!? After all these months I have finally come across an easy fix!

1.  Throw away Hp Elitebook 8540p

2.  Call it a day 🙂

Worked wonders for me.  Try it out, and let me know if this worked for anyone else!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.