Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f209wm with Intel Celero
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm really stumped here and need your guys help!

A friend of mine, who isn't computer savy is used to windows 7 and would like to "go back" to Windows 7 from a windows 10.
She recently bought a new computer:
Hp Black 15.6" 15-f209wm With Intel Celeron N2840 4gb Memory 500gb ( windows 10) 

And had me work on it to install and make it into a Windows 7.
The problem that I didn't forsee is that, after I installed wiondows 7 nothing worked because all the drivers installed were too "new" for the Windows 7 O.S.  Atleast thats what I think the problem is. 

The main thing that isn't working is the USB ports and the Wifi,
and I'm having trouble finding drivers to make this "connection" this "bridge" of sorts between the Windows 7 O.S. and the hardware inside the computer.  And I can't find solutions on the net! 

An idea I'm trying out is to copy and paste drivers from another Windows 7 HP computer, on to this one. But I'm not so sure it'll work. 

I'm really stumped with this and need your expertise !!!

We thank you in advance. 

*Note*
This computer wasn't upgraded from a previous version of Windows. 
I've tried Driver Booster to see if, it would automatic scan, detect and install would fix it but it didnt. 
I've gotten the Lan/Ethernet finally working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This driver installs the usb controllers, not the chipset driver...(the last driver I posted on my original reply).

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25687/US​B-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-Intel-NUC6i-x-SY

According to the product specs for your notebook, the above USB driver should have worked.

If the above usb 3 driver fails to install the usb controller...

Please post the hardware ID for the USB controller needing the driver.

To find the hardware ID, go the device manager and click on the usb controller needing the driver.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the USB controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Stop please. This was not a project that should have been attempted without having the drivers available at your fingertips before you did the downgrade. Likely we can find all the drivers you need but not easy. That Driverbooster program you put on is likely malware. Do you still have the Windows 7 installation media? What version of Windows 7 is it? I hope 64 bit as that is much easier than 32 bit. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed W7 64 bit, these drivers should work...if you installed 32 bit, use the first audio driver listed on the Realtek page and I will have to give you a different graphics driver.

1. Install the Intel chipset installation utility and reboot.  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25094/Chipset-Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-NUC?...

2. Graphics:  Install and reboot.  1st file listed is the auto install file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24826/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit?...

Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 2nd driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

Card reader:  Download and install the 1st driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

Wireless card:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

USB3:  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25687/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-Intel-NUC6i-x-SY

HP Recommended

It is a windows 7 Home premium for 64 bit. 

And thank you for replying!

HP Recommended

Thank you! 

I will try these out and let you know 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Not saying it can be done but this is a HP Factory Windows 10 machine as the drivers on the HP driver page is for only Windows 10. Others can try to help but in the end this is still a Windows 10 machine.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

This isn't as unusual as you may think. I hated windows 8 and 8.1. I do not like windows 10.

I just received a new HP laptop product number P4B19AV non-touch.

HP does not sell this with Windows 7 Pro.

I  purchased the OS disc and installed it.

Thanks for all the contributions in this thread.

HP Recommended

I couldn't work on this for a few days but *update* as of now.

What works now:

Sound
mouse pad
graphics and videos
Internet through Ethernet cable
* after re-starting computer* , wi-fi works now

*what doesn't work still.
Everything else works other than the
Usb Ports.

I've tried the link you shared for the chipset but unfortunatelly it didn't work.

are there any other possible drivers that can work?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

This driver installs the usb controllers, not the chipset driver...(the last driver I posted on my original reply).

Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25687/US​B-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Driver-for-Intel-NUC6i-x-SY

According to the product specs for your notebook, the above USB driver should have worked.

If the above usb 3 driver fails to install the usb controller...

Please post the hardware ID for the USB controller needing the driver.

To find the hardware ID, go the device manager and click on the usb controller needing the driver.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the USB controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.