Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (115 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

Product Name: HP Pavilion DV6 - model# dv6-6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Need to reset my windows log in password because the fingerprint scanner no longer works (don't know why).. so i cant use my laptop unless I change this password to something that I know and remeber
Accepted Solution

Re: Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

View solution in context
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (84 Views)

Re: Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

@vkaria

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop and you while to reset your Windows login password because the fingerprint reader no longer works. 

I suggest you to go through the step by step instructions to reset your Windows login password at this link: http://hp.care/2dW5X1o

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! Smiley Happy

Kazi
I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)

What is the solution of i dont have the recovery disk or don't want to format my computer?
I use a local account
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (64 Views)

I want to avoid resetting/formating my computer
HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 5 (46 Views)

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Regards,
Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation