Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6 - model# dv6-6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Need to reset my windows log in password because the fingerprint scanner no longer works (don't know why).. so i cant use my laptop unless I change this password to something that I know and remeber
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@vkaria

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop and you while to reset your Windows login password because the fingerprint reader no longer works. 

I suggest you to go through the step by step instructions to reset your Windows login password at this link: http://hp.care/2dW5X1o

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
What is the solution of i dont have the recovery disk or don't want to format my computer?
I use a local account
HP Recommended
I want to avoid resetting/formating my computer
HP Recommended

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.