Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've used the Win7 RC 64 with BT drivers for Vista 64bit. There is an updated driver at broadcom website, which successfully installed on the RC version. I bought the final W7 Pro 64 and the driver update won't install. I wanted to use my stereo bt headset (Motorola S9) but it's not working with the Vista drivers. I've downloaded BlueSoleil BT stack (shareware) which is working correctly, and I assume that the updated broadcom stack would work fine, but there is no such download at HP. The installer of the broadcom update says: This program cannot update your software. Please contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth device for support. So that's why I'm here... Is there any chance for new drivers? I've got a dv7-1053ez.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here are the drivers you may need to get the bluetooth to working:

Broadcom Wireless
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45524.exe

Wireless Assistant
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

Bluetooth:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44774.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

275 REPLIES 275
HP Recommended

Here are the drivers you may need to get the bluetooth to working:

Broadcom Wireless
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45524.exe

Wireless Assistant
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

Bluetooth:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44774.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

And there goes the star 🙂 I only installed the BT driver but that solved the problem. Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

Does this driver work for all notebooks capable of supporting Windows 7 64 bit? I have a HDX18 1200 cTO and face the same issue. Since the Bluetooth chip is not recognized by Windows 7 it did not let me install the Bluetooth driver saying there is no Bluetooth chip.

HP Recommended

As your model is customized, I would need the product number of your notebook to suggest the correct driver. The product number would be available on the sticker on the bottom side of your notebook.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my DV7-3000 CTO notebook. It has been a while since the bluetooth has worked and i really need some help.  Please let me know what I should be doing to fix this.  Thanks !

HP Recommended

As you have a CTO model, I am unable to give you specific driver. But any one of the following drivers would get your bluetooth to working condition.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48831.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48538.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Applied all the drivers and the Bluetooth seem to be working as I see services running without a problem.  Now the only problem is that when I go to add a device, it does not recognize anything trying to connect through Bluetooth. No devices show up at all.  I tried a mouse and a phone that I know work on oher computers.  What do I do ???  It is not giving me error messages.  Thanks for all your help.  PEDRO

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Nada... Bluetooth still looks to be working fine, but when I bring the "add a device" wizard it just loops in there and nothing happens.  Windows7 64-bit computer does not show any devices. don't know what else to do.  Help !! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.