03-26-2012 11:58 AM
I have a HP G56-126NR note book. I would like to know is there anyway from the turning on the PC and then invoke certain Key(s) on the keyboard to execute the Recover partition in order to restore the hard drive to original factory conditon. I do not have
a copy of the Recovery disk. I recalled I came across on HP documentation which would allow you to execute the recovery process by pressing certain key(s) without using the Recovery Disk.
03-26-2012 01:27 PM
You can usually launch Recovery Manager from the partition on the Hard Drive using the f11 key - see the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)