08-04-2014 11:48 AM
I have a Pavilion that I think comes from the n-series and it is displaying a DST failure help?
That would indicate hard drive Short or Long DST fail?
Is there 24-character failure ID shown, if so, replacement is the ideal way out.
Contact HP for replacement if you're under warranty, they'll do it for you free
Back-up all your personal data to an external drive if you can.
If you dont have Recovery discs, you have to order them by contacting HP , they'll send it for you.
If you want to get details about HDD replacement suitable for your system:
++ Click "KUDOS/THUMBS UP" to say Thanks
++ Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if your issue is solved
*** I'm a Volunteer & I don't work for HP ***
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)