Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream 13 c-101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a brand new laptop, upon set up it said there was an update it's then frozen and was stuck on a loop of the HP screen then to black. I've now used the recovery menu to start a reset but it's now stuck at 62%. Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LaraJayne,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help 🙂

I see from the post that the screen is stuck while resetting the Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset

Run the System Diagnostics from F2:

The diagnostic tests are run from the Startup menu. These tests check the main components of your computer to make sure they are working properly. Use the following steps to run the diagnostics tests to check for problems.

1. Press and hold the Power button until the computer turns off completely.

2. Turn on the computer. Immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu is displayed.

3. Press the F2 key. The System Diagnostics screen is displayed and the following menu is shown.

• System Information

• Start-Up Test

• Run-In Test

• Hard Disk Test

• Memory Test

• Battery Test

• Error Log

• Exit

4. Click the test you want to run. Each test runs individually and displays the results.

Run an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory: (If the test fails, please make a note of the failure ID)

Depending on the test results, if all the test passes, I would suggest to once again initiate system recovery using the partition. Please remember doing this will delete all the data and set the PC back to the original factory conditions. If this option does not work, which means either the partition is corrupted or file is missing.

Link for performing system recovery: Click here

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LaraJayne,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help 🙂

I see from the post that the screen is stuck while resetting the Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

Let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset

Run the System Diagnostics from F2:

The diagnostic tests are run from the Startup menu. These tests check the main components of your computer to make sure they are working properly. Use the following steps to run the diagnostics tests to check for problems.

1. Press and hold the Power button until the computer turns off completely.

2. Turn on the computer. Immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu is displayed.

3. Press the F2 key. The System Diagnostics screen is displayed and the following menu is shown.

• System Information

• Start-Up Test

• Run-In Test

• Hard Disk Test

• Memory Test

• Battery Test

• Error Log

• Exit

4. Click the test you want to run. Each test runs individually and displays the results.

Run an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory: (If the test fails, please make a note of the failure ID)

Depending on the test results, if all the test passes, I would suggest to once again initiate system recovery using the partition. Please remember doing this will delete all the data and set the PC back to the original factory conditions. If this option does not work, which means either the partition is corrupted or file is missing.

Link for performing system recovery: Click here

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.