Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Did you create bootable installation USB of Windows 10 using the tutorial?

Please do that first.

Then disable secure boot from BIOS setup screen temporarily

Then plug in the USB.

Restart system, tap f9 as soon as you power on notebook.

Change to boot from plugged in bootable USB

Continue Windows 10 installation as described in the tutorial

HP Recommended
I can't as I can't get past the hp logo and I've not got a memory stick
HP Recommended

Please make it from another computer.

Else your best bet is to order recovery USB from HP, but chances are that would also give you the same error.

HP Recommended

Thanks Visruth, you saved the  day. Using the created HP Recovery USB Drive was not working, stalling at various percent complete depending on which time I tried it. Creating the Windows 10 USB installation worked great. I did have one slight problem to attend to. During the installation using the Win 10 USB, the procedure copies portions (all?) of the exising Windows folder contents to a folder named Windows.old. This folder resides in the same partition that the Win 10 USB will install into by default. The Windows.old folder was too large to leave enough room in the Windows folder to complete the installation. I went into DOS to delete the Windows.old folder that was created and re-ran the Win 10 USB install. Again the process created another Windows.old folder but this time it was small enough that there was room left to finish the Win 10 OS install. The Win 10 product key is on firmware in the notebook and so the activation of Win 10 was transparent. After I was up and running I went back and deleted the remaining Windows.old folder from C: to reclaim the several GB's of precious memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.