Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-3190ei
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hey,

I am having a problem in my laptop, its overheating but till now its not shuting down.

running on windows 7 ultimated x64.

its a 12gb ram.

2 hard disk 500gb and 800gb.

if there is any solution that will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @StormerMoe

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I am glad that you have joined in and asked for help with suggestions and solutions when it comes to your HP Notebook PC. I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the overheating. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution.

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried to do a disk de-fragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Please try cleaning the vents inm your Noteobok

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here are some documents for you that may help:

If you require further assistance, I would be happy to help. Please make sure that you have done each step (including the ones in the troubleshooting document) in order and provide the detailed results of the steps. 

If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

I am glad that you joined in!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @StormerMoe

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I am glad that you have joined in and asked for help with suggestions and solutions when it comes to your HP Notebook PC. I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the overheating. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution.

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried to do a disk de-fragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Please try cleaning the vents inm your Noteobok

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here are some documents for you that may help:

If you require further assistance, I would be happy to help. Please make sure that you have done each step (including the ones in the troubleshooting document) in order and provide the detailed results of the steps. 

If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

I am glad that you joined in!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Try this simple reset which often solves overheating issues that appear after performing a Windows Update. First the computer must be operational, preferably on Desktop screen, or any application, then Press and hold the Notebook Power button down and keep it depressed for 30 seconds.

After 30 seconds released the Power button, then turn Notebook upside down and remove the Notebook battery, and keep removed for 1 minute.

Then Re-install the battery and press the power button again as you normally do, slowly the system will boot (will take a few seconds longer as the system was not shut down properly). Then operate the Notebook as you normally do and check if the overheating issue is resolved.

Sometimes this reset procedure described above fixes the overheating issues most often noticed after major Windows Updates.

HP Recommended
Check for cpu fan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.