01-16-2010 08:23 AM
When I start up my Pavilion dv4-1155se I receive a black screen informing me that my laptop was put into hibernation to avoid overheating and to push enter to start Windows (running Windows 7, which then does start up without a problem). However, I am starting my laptop fresh, after having shut it off completely using the power button and disconnecting the power cord. Any ideas why this is happening or how to make the error message go away.
01-16-2010 09:15 AM
Have you checked in Power Scheme ,Advanced settings to be sure what action the Power button has..maybe it is set to Hibernate instead of Shut down?
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)