Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The usable memory is (2 GB only) less than the installed 4GB memory on Windows 7, windows 8 and Windows 10 (Checked in all windows).
Windows report that there is only 1.99 GB of usable system memory on a computer that has 4 GB of memory installed (System Properties).
How can i use 4GB memory properly?
Note: 1) Sometimes My laptop restarts with showing blue screens.
2) and i was noticed that all same models laptops (HP) have the same problem(all same catagory laptops)
3) PAE patch was solved the problem (temporary) in windows 8!!

4) I have no permanent solution (in windows 10) about this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I know also 32-bit limits the accessible memory to about 3.4GB. but not 2GB RAM limits.

I don’t need to access all 4GB; the accessible memory to about 3.4GB is acceptable from installed 4GB memory; for me. I want use the recommended 3.4GB in windows (32 bit). I do not change 32 bit to 64 bit windows. It is useful for my some 32bit software/apps.

Presently, this laptop is restarting without any notice; suddenly.  I would like to use 32-bit OS with that solution. I hope you have PAE solution or better software about the problem; please. If you have, please give me the link. Is there any conflicting with some kind of ram bus speed or other things?

NOTE:

1) Presently my laptop showing (windows 10, 32 bit OS) 2.16 GB Usable from 4 GB installed memory.

2) My Laptop models no 15-ay030tu. (RAM is 4GB DDR4)

3) The same problem in All Laptop models no: HP 15-ay030tu (usable memory is less than 2.16 GB (installed is 4GB RAM) in windows7/8/10 32 bit. I was checked out in different computer sales center.

4) I don’t configure my laptop or any hardware. I don’t change any hardware, I don’t open casing.

5) I am not Happy to use that laptop; the reason of that problem. Please.

6) Sorry for my bad English.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

15-ay030tu

I used that PAE patch in Win8 and found it to be unstable, so I quit using it and switched over to using the 64-bit version of Win8.

Also, 32-bit limits the accessible memory to about 3.4GB, so you're not going to be able to access all 4GB anyway.

Plus, some of the system memory is used for Video.

As far as I have heard, the patch does not work in Win10 -- so you're basically stuck in your present situation.

My own recommendation is that you consider switching over to 64-bit in Win10.  Since your laptop is already Activated, when you install the 64-bit version, it will automatically reactivate.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I know also 32-bit limits the accessible memory to about 3.4GB. but not 2GB RAM limits.

I don’t need to access all 4GB; the accessible memory to about 3.4GB is acceptable from installed 4GB memory; for me. I want use the recommended 3.4GB in windows (32 bit). I do not change 32 bit to 64 bit windows. It is useful for my some 32bit software/apps.

Presently, this laptop is restarting without any notice; suddenly.  I would like to use 32-bit OS with that solution. I hope you have PAE solution or better software about the problem; please. If you have, please give me the link. Is there any conflicting with some kind of ram bus speed or other things?

NOTE:

1) Presently my laptop showing (windows 10, 32 bit OS) 2.16 GB Usable from 4 GB installed memory.

3) The same problem in All Laptop models no: HP 15-ay030tu (usable memory is less than 2.16 GB (installed is 4GB RAM) in windows7/8/10 32 bit. I was checked out in different computer sales center.

4) I don’t configure my laptop or any hardware. I don’t change any hardware, I don’t open casing.

HP Recommended

Presently, this laptop is restarting without any notice; suddenly. I would like to use 32-bit OS with that solution. I hope you have PAE solution or better software about the problem; please. If you have, please give me the link. Is there any conflicting with some kind of ram bus speed or other things?
NOTE:
3) The same problem in All Laptop models no: HP 15-ay030tu (usable memory is less than 2.16 GB (installed is 4GB RAM) in windows7/8/10 32 bit. I was checked out same models some laptop in different computer sales center.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.