Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@sparkles

yes, i have done a driver update via the device manager on the WIFI and the Intel chipset drivers, and they picked up nothing.

i will go on the website and download the driver

Intel Wireless LAN Driver

18.12.0.3 Rev.P 234.6 MB Feb 14, 2016

and then see were i get.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

Thank you for keeping me updated.  Please let me know if  the Intel driver changes anything.  I will wait for your reply. 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

@sparkles1

i have gone on to the HP website and installed the driver that i needed, no change at all.

are you aware that these were also released as well?

Intel Chipsets.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello @evans89lfc,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Try performing the Microsoft Push-Button Reset, to reinstall the Operating System.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@sparkles,

i dont think that this will make any diffrence at all, after researching the issue on the internet, people have done this with other operating system and had no affect, i am going to do the 4 Intel Chipset driver install and see were it goes from there.

will post the results

HP Recommended
The laptop is going back to HP for replacement parts
HP Recommended

the laptop has come back, exact same fault and now going back to HP for a 2nd repair

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.