Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having same problem with PCI Simple Communications Controller.  Device Manager says no drivers are loaded.

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Compac dc7800p desktop.

The hardware IDs are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29B4&SUBSYS_2819103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29B4&SUBSYS_2819103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29B4&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29B4&CC_0780

Where do I find the drivers?

TomB
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It worked!  Problem solved!  No yellow warnings in Device Manager.  All drivers, apparently, present and accounted for.

Now that I know which driver is needed I went back to the HP Driver support page for my PC and note that this HECI driver is listed.  However, it was not clear (at least to me) that it was the missing driver for the problem I had which was labled "PCI Simple Communications Contoller".

Thanks!

TomB
HP Recommended

Hi, Tom:

You're very welcome.

The device details ID string you posted lists the unknown device as the Intel Management Interface Engine Interface.

On some support pages it is clearly listed as such.

On some pages it is part of the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) configuration.

And on others, such as the dc7800 support page, it is listed as the HECI driver.

The clue to this, is all these things are at least indirectly related to each other.

If you are using the dc7800 for home use, you will probably never use any of this technology.

But in big corporations, where they have to remotely manage PC's, these things are necessary.

If you are interested in learning more about Intel's AMT, this article does a good job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for the explanation.  It explains why my PC was working fine even without the drivers which I probably don't really need but the yellow warnings are a bit disconcerting.  I suppose I could have simply disabled the devices but I didn't know what I might be losing.  Now I do.

TomB
HP Recommended
thanks alot
HP Recommended

After reviewing the old replies, I tried downloading the PCI Simple Communications driver to my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine but i could not install it. The comment was that this machine does not have sufficient resources to support installation.

Do I need this driver? The problem I am trying to solve is a very slow startup time (8 minutes, far too long) and the diagnostics led me to the missing driver. 

What driver should I be using, and is this a possible solution to slow bootup?

Thanks

Harry

HP Recommended

Hi, Harry:

Please click on the missing PCI Simple Communications device in the device manager. Then click on the details tab.

In the Properties drop down list, select the second item (Hardware ID's).  Post the top string of characters you see.

Also post the full model # of the PC you have.

I highly doubt this driver is the cause of any sluggishness you're experiencing with the PC.

Normally such a slow boot up is the result of too many running processes. A lot of unnecesary programs, an antivirus program that uses a lot of resources... it could be a lot of things.

My Windows 7 64 bit PC (HP 8200 Elite CMT) boots up in less than a minute and runs like a champ.

I stripped it of any unnecessary programs (fortunately as a business desktop, it didn't come with many), and use Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus, antispyware solution. That A/V program does not tie up many system resources.

Paul

HP Recommended

hey....i bought a new pc....HP 630 Notebook, i5 2nd Gen processor....and i just installed the windows 7 and i am gettin the same thing here........PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0 i.e PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER......

please help me out urgenT

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_3672103C&REV_04

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_3672103C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&CC_078000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&CC_0780

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.