05-15-2011 07:30 AM
Hello all, I have an HP Pavilion G62 model number 584037-001 (mainboard 1444 (69.25). Seems like I cannot boot from the SD card but can succesfully boot from a USB stick. (I do select Flash removable device from the boot manager window after a power on (ESC and F9) but the PC skips the SD card and boots from the CD-ROM or HDD. I was hoping to update the BIOS to see if it gets rid of the issue but simply cannot find my way in the HP Support maze (current BIOS is F.16). Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance !!! Daniel locate in beautiful Montreal Canada ....
05-15-2011 09:46 AM
You will need to find your exact model G62 from the list from the link below and see if there is a newer BIOS version.
Be very careful when you flash the BIOS. I read post after post of failed BIOS flashes on these forums.
If you knowof more precautions, fine, but at a minimum:
1. Only flash the BIOS using the operating system it is supported for. Each flash should list the operating system it is compatible with/written for. That means if a flash states it is for Windows Vista and/or XP, and you are running Windows 7, do not flash the BIOS.
2. Only flash the BIOS in Windows Safe Mode, so that there is a minimum of running processes that could interfere with it such as an antivirus program.
03-22-2012 08:59 AM
Hello all, I have an HP Pavilion G62 model number 584037-001 Seems like I cannot boot from the hdd it connot startup from win7 it reboot agine i can format my HDD. & i can setup win7 .
when win7 setup succesfully it need to stratup it filed and go blue screen and agine antheor .
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)