05-25-2012 07:21 PM
I have HP Pavilion dv6-4006tx machine. I purchased it with a set of recovery 06 DVDs. I need to make recovery of the system but when i reboot the system from DVD 1, i get the message "The system recovery media does not support this computer. You are not able to restore this system" .
I do have recocry partition intact and am unable to recover using F11.
I have searched the web and concluded that somehow MBR has been changed and HP custom MBR is gone.
Can any one help me how to edit MBR so that i am able to recover from F11 or with my recovery DVDs.
05-28-2012 12:29 AM
The message you are getting usually requires service from HP to resolve.I would phone them and report the issue. For worldwide contact info start here>>>Contact HP
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)