02-17-2012 12:56 PM
I am reloading a HP Pavilion dv7-4157cl, which appears to be a great notebook, but due to a change in the size of the hard drive (640 GB -> 500 GB) there is not enough space for a full recovery.
Can anyone tell me what items will be missing when the the Minimized Recovery is completed?
I need to have this laptop ready to go tomorrow morning and it is VERY important it work as fully as possible.
Probably do not need or want the biometric fingerprint reader turned on OR the HP Protect software as this seemed to make a less invasive Recovery more difficult. I first tried to clone the hard drive (which worked) but was getting a Security "0x8007ffff" error message at Windows login that really sucked! With no further options available I went for the Minimized Recovery option and that is running now.
(maybe I better search for "0x8007ffff" here and see who else has encountered it.)
Thanks in advance!
~ Dennis C.
Owner, Echo Technology Consulting
(a service only business)
02-18-2012 05:46 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 04:23 PM by OscarFuentes
This page explains it
Minimized Image Recovery does the following:
- Re-installs the original operating system.
- Re-installs all original hardware drivers.
- Re-installs HP essential software (i.e., HP Support Assistant, HP Recovery Manager, etc.).
- Does not install trial applications or trial games.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)