Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello sathish123.

Have you tried running HP Support Assistant?  This program will automatically scan your computer and install missing or updated drivers.  Here is a link.

Let me know the result and have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I also have this issue, I downgraded to WIN 7 - Usb controller will not install, I tried to install the drivers under win8 from the relevant page on HP and did not work.

I downloaded hp support and it sorted the other drivers but not the ethernet and usb controller.

EDIT: saw the link from the start and the USB controller is working 100% but the ethernet controller is not going 😞

HP Recommended

If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_183F103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_183F103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

HP Recommended

Please try this driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56680.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Perfect, than you. That has been driving me mad for a day or so.

HP Recommended

Hi sir,

another one i using hp pavillon g6-2229tu lap with win 7 os ,brightness control key f2 & f3 not decrese and increse pls give the solution and also sleep mode not worked.......

Thanks

V.sathish

HP Recommended

I have the same dilemma.  I'm working on a G6-2216nr for a client.  I've installed Win7 Pro 64 but still have a couple of drivers that I can't locate to finish the setup.  Below are the Hardware ID listings.

PCI Device

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1849103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1849103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF0000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF00

SM Bus Controller

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_1849103C&REV_14

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_1849103C

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C0500

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C05

Any assistance that is provided would be greatly appreciated.  I've been working this for two days and am about to pull out what is left of my hair over these last two drivers.

HP Recommended

Update.  I'vfound the card reader driver and that is installed.  But the links for the SM Bus that I've found in the forum all point to the same site (AMD).  The forum members state that the first download is what is needed.  I don't see any specific "first download" as you have to select different options.  Any help would be most appreciated!  :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Finally found SMBus driver in an older catylyst program.  Mission complete!  :OpenSmile:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.