Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion x360 S121CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is auto typing the  letter "p" non stop, making the latop almost completely unusable.

How/when did this start happening you ask?

So I had to do a complete reset of my PC because it was running way too slow (HP's rediculous bloatware I was guessing). When I restored the PC to factory settings, in other words keeping the bloatware, the disk still ran at 100% even when I had a "clean install".

So I decided to reset the computer not using HP's terrible factory settings. After this totally clean reset, the letter "p" started auto typing. I've tried installing drivers for everything (HP can you please make a better driver download option - what you have now is a terribly monotonous task), but to no avail.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I'm pretty certain I'll never buy HP again in my life. I've had 2 systems, and both have been an absolute nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @FyL123

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have keyboard issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned the letter P is typing continuously. Open a notepad on your PC and check fi the letter is typing continuosly.

Try the steps mentioned below.

If your keyboard is not working:
Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues.

Also, check if the letter P is stuck inside try pushing it out with a little pressure.

If the issue still persists, it is a hardware issue please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.