Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I should add that I still have to occasionaly restart my PC to get it to work again after it decides to stop, but it will at least work for awhile before that

HP Recommended

Great timing on this... I just took posession of a brand new HP Envy 360 15t today and encountered the same problem when folding the device into tablet mode from laptop mode. After seeing your post I eagerly jumped into device manager to try this out but it looks like I don't have an option to roll back the driver. Any other suggestions? I know these are different PCs but I'm wondering if I could find a previous version of this driver somewhere to test out. 

HP Recommended

I'm still working on it. After I rolled back the driver it worked for a few days but failed again. I'm hoping to find a fix for it. Even of there was a hotkey or something to quickly disable and re enable the keyboard I'd be happy given that going into tablet mode is as easy as hitting a button. If you find anything though I'd love to hear back from you and I'll do the same!

HP Recommended

bry55n92: I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you trying to find a simple way to manually toggle Windows 10's Tablet Mode on/off, via a shortcut or hotkey? You mention enabling/disabling the keyboard, so I'm not sure what it is you're trying to do. Please clarify.

HP Recommended

Did you try switching the tablet mode setting to "Don't ask me and always switch." My computer just had this same problem for a few weeks and I tried the driver updates and anything else I could find. Finally I just tried switching the setting which seemed to work. The only downside is that I can only use that setting for it to autodetect and turn tablet mode on or off. If I change it to "Always ask me before switching," it won't detect it/ prompt me about it. Hope this helps at least a little.

HP Recommended

I just had and fixed the same issue. I had just uninstalled the HP Support Assistant. I re-installed it and now everything works again. Very sneaky, HP. I found the software from one of the links in this thread - it auto-identified my machine and then offered me a bunch of downloads.

Sam.

HP Recommended

I could not find the sensor in the device list so re-downloaded it - sp77941, installed and rebooted. Then when I  rotate/flip the display screen, the prompt comes up to switch to tablet mode and the keyboard keys appear to be non-functional, as expected.

This happened after MS pushed a Windows 10 update. It was a new laptop, so needed to have the upgrade applied.

HP Recommended

Thank You very much ! I have been dealing with this issue since i got my laptop, and following your directions my keyboard now locks, and my screen auto rotates. I had to update a couple drivers, but it showed me which one after following your directions, with the yellow marker next to the other driver. Then a quick re-start and all is well ! Great advice, Thanks again.

HP Recommended

YOU, ARE A LEGEND.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.