Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 - p097tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated from Windows 8.1 to windows 10, after that whenever I shutdown Power LED light doesn't turnoff and also if I go to sleep mode unable to wake the screen, in these cases I am doing the force shutdown buy holding the power button for few seconds. Please suggest a solution for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @chenna,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that your PC does not power off despite shutting down. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's try these steps here:

1.Use Power-Troubleshooter

- On Search / Cortana, search "Troubleshooting".

- Select the Troubleshooting Search Result

- Click on "View All", select "Power".

- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

2. Open Power Options if the issue is not fixed.

- Right, Click the Start Menu, select "Power Options".

- Click on "choose when to turn off display".

- Click: "Restore default settings for this plan."

- Click on "Change advanced power settings".

- Look for "Power buttons and lid" on the list and expand it.

- Open Settings, and select Shutdown or Sleep or Shutdown.

If the Troubleshooter doesn't work, the power settings must be reset to default to isolate any settings related issues.

For more details, please click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @chenna,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that your PC does not power off despite shutting down. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's try these steps here:

1.Use Power-Troubleshooter

- On Search / Cortana, search "Troubleshooting".

- Select the Troubleshooting Search Result

- Click on "View All", select "Power".

- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

2. Open Power Options if the issue is not fixed.

- Right, Click the Start Menu, select "Power Options".

- Click on "choose when to turn off display".

- Click: "Restore default settings for this plan."

- Click on "Change advanced power settings".

- Look for "Power buttons and lid" on the list and expand it.

- Open Settings, and select Shutdown or Sleep or Shutdown.

If the Troubleshooter doesn't work, the power settings must be reset to default to isolate any settings related issues.

For more details, please click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you Jeet...I will try and come back to u
HP Recommended
I have tried the first option and its working for me. Previously I tried many methods for resolving this, it works for the first time then the problem will be as usual. So if this happens I will come back to you.....Thanks Jeet
HP Recommended

Hi @chenna,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

It worked for the first time after that it doesn't work. Please help me with any other solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @chenna, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the issue has occurred on your computer where the power led is not turning off after shut down. 

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer, especially BIOS and chipset. Click here for assistance in using HPSA.

Once all the drivers are updated, please run the Power troubleshooter from control panel as suggested in Step 4 of "The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode" section in this HP Article

If the issue persists, please follow the steps suggested under "Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10"

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.