Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laptop
hp 630
rev 3672-100
when I power, it only shows the caps lock blinking twice continuously, and the ac power light remains on. I think is the bios prob but have tried the code but it doesnt respond!
HP Recommended

Hello aramyde08,

You’re getting a blink code from your laptop.

Here is a link to a document that will tell you what code that you are getting and help trouble shoot the error.

If it is the BIOS, here is a link to a document to roll your BIOS back to a working version.

If you’re not able to reset the BIOS, you may need to take the laptop some where local to have them take a look at the system.

Here is a link to a phone number to call HP and see what options they may have to repair the unit.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
Thanks Anthony but let me just add this before taking it out.

Like I said, the caps lock blinks twice, and according to what I read on here, the blink should stop after 6 intervals or so. Mine doesn't, just goes on and on. However the fan, maybe not normally, still whirrs and the power indicator also shows white but I haven't heard no beeps.

Also, before the problem started, the computer hung, I restarted but the sequence went on for like 4 times till it showed a repair page that I entered, but later quit cos I thought it had hung. And that's how the current problem started.

Note: The Blue screen page was always popping-up on regular basis(like once in a week) for sometimes.
Sorry for the troubles, but do they give you an inkling of what might have gone wrong?

Would appreciate your response. Thanks again.
HP Recommended

aramyde08,

You can try to connect another monitor to the laptop to see if maybe the screen has gone out, but I’m still thinking that there is something wrong with the motherboard if you not even able to get to the BIOS.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
Alrite then. Would take it out, see what's up and would let you know
HP Recommended

hello, whenever i boot my HP 630 laptop, i hear a little bit noise sound from its cd drive. plz help me to resolve this problem. the sound is so insulting. 

HP Recommended
Tapping F2 in starting up the computer worked very fine to my computer that had the same prablem.
HP Recommended
My hp 630 intel is shouting down after 20mins it fall down.what is de problem pls
HP Recommended

dear Sir

kindly Infom The My hp Notebook madel no-630 Problem is Install the win-8 start the nootbook highly alarm start win-8 change the other win-7 do not work the boot menu & do not install the win-7 plesae soulb the problem.

Manish

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello,am having a problem with my hp 630,it does not power on and it does not charge.i dont know where the problem could be.please help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.